Marketing trends map 2017
“From BRM Great Interactions We Have Consolidated A Vision Of Trends That We Will See During This Year. Next The List Of The 14 Most Important Trends Of 2017.”
1. SHAKERS: Economies as India, Indonesia and China are moving the world, that is why is important don't lose their track, impulsed by these markets the cost of mobile phones tend to get low thanks to the introduction of mobile gadgets with new technologies and uses to the market, this brings the boost of a change of mobiles introducing the required technology to add value to the consumer from it's content (360, NFCM Beacons, spleens) ´till it's final product ( packing, BTL labels, retail). Besides of being sensible to the constant change that is happening.
2. OPERATIONS: The way of the speed of the world demands that companies change from the inside ( equipment, structure, processes) to get those opportunities that the actual structures are not design to pursuit, consumers are waiting more and more from the brands and their attention time are less, take advantage of the best practices ( local content, social impact purpose, small and big moments / experiences and customization based on data) the brands are conscious that they have to live a transformation to get new skills on their business core.
3. CONTENT: Nowadays people are constantly connected to their likes and interests, however time is an obstacle, that is why content that be concrets and require less attention time, will be the one which add more value. The bet is on the production of light content, using different tools ( live broadcasting, celebrities participation, touching common and special interests). Focus on the users experience, taking care of their time and looking for native experiences to the environment in where they consume content.
4. IOT: We live in a connected world and connection is deeper everytime, it is estimated than before 2020 there will exist more connection with things than with people, interconnection between objects of daily use will bring new customer's behaviors and new opportunities to connect with them. Brands has to explote and discover what to do with this new data, customing the experience they wish to offers. This creates a new field to built contextual services that complement traditional products and services.
5. MOBILE: Penetration of smartphones starts to extend, in every socioeconomic level of our reality. Mobile left to be a channel to transform in a tool that allows to explore new experiences ( AR, payments, faster service QS). Brands has the chance to be closer to people through mobile gadgets and they face clear positions: 1. Be an Avant-garde brand that make experiments with new opportunities. 2. Understand these new connections as long term opportunities to create the right services and operations in order to build value for the life of consumers.
6. MEDIA: The Media are evolving, some has become on demand media, (media that only exist when the user need it), new software tools that helps to the automatization of processes to reach consumers on the right time and improving their interfaces, thanks to video and multimedia, they start to become part of the experience of the brand. Brands must have to worry what they saying beyond their messages and start to think on which are their media, explore and look for opportunities to create new media that allows to built new experiences to their consumers and work as a vehicle to their messages. This kind of mediatic thinking, face directly the brands with their old allies, massive media.
7. E-COMMERCE: The implementation of selling platforms online to many brands are distributed between own actions and third one actions that can get to the consumers, 2017 will introduce a way where Facebook will play a double role ( platform / media ) and new technologies will connect the commercial efforts between the real and digital world. Brands must balance and understand the game between their platforms of e-commerce and what comes with Facebook as media and platform or integrate the commercial operations of the real and digital world with tactics as proximity, beacons, geo-fields, anti-showrooming).
8. CLIENT SERVICE: Digitally the customer service is the experience of client (CS-CX). Relation that people create with brands is equal to the personal relations that they hold. Design the experience in every digital contact point, will support with technology (AI, ML, KB) (Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning + Knowledge Base Building). Improve it continually is a transversal challenge to the companies and their brands.
9. DIGITAL RETAIL: The old enemy of the great platforms, now it works to rise the purchase experience. Challenge of the brands on Digital world is boost all the commercial efforts.
10. SOCIAL AS A SERVICE: Social matters extends to the brand's points of view as a field where they can have bigger knowledge of people, using data that they share and chats they have, discovering about the time, the chance to create a custom relationship. Brands has to start to get ready to make an impact on it's comunications, products and services about the data that people exposed on line. While this become a common practice tipycally accepted, the challenge will be on the discussion of privacy. PDC it's a great example of Unilever preparation.
11. HUMAN IMPACT: Nowadays people are more consciousness of the impact on environment, they feel responsable of their actions in front of the affectations of these, they want to be part of the solution and love the brands that join this fight for the environment. Brands also must have being responsable of the effects that brings to the environment through their industry. Besides to promover the environmental culture with different activities that impulse and make move people to be part of the change.
12. BETTERNESS: Consumers are in constant search to improve their life, on health, nutrition, life style, work schedule and more matters, demanding content that show how to get better their way of act (Knowledge to Know How). Brands has to find the way to create value to people and new opportunities to connect with them.
13. DE-SENSIBILIZATION: Perception of costs changes depending on virtualization of money, blurring the value of itself. Two possible positions: 1. Brands can take advantage of these behavior, creating spaces where the brand's money exist. 2. Brands can take an important role teaching people that they has to be more consciousness of the value of the real and virtual money.
14. EXPECTATIONS: The Speed of how the world had evolved has allowed that consumers has bigger expectations in front of brands. "I want it here and now". Brands has to define the digital experience they want to promover to their clients, levels of engagement that they are willing to give, teaching their employees, allies and contact points, defining clear and public politics and getting ready to never satisfied completely the expectations of people. It is better to surprise to satisfy, do things no one expect.